Saturday, April 16, 2005

Housekeeping Note

One of the reasons I started this blog was because I enjoy political debate. There is no true debate about anything without disagreement, and I welcome that. That's why I set up a Comments feature on Liberty Street. Comments don't have to agree with my views; they don't even have to be logical or intelligent. The only thing they MUST be is civil. Curses, abusive language, ad hominem attacks, and personal vendettas will not be tolerated. If you have a burning desire to do these things, you will have to go elsewhere.

Why am I saying all this? Because two individuals posting comments on Liberty Street decided they preferred hate and rudeness to civility and reasoned discussion. Both these individuals have been banned from commenting on my blog again, and the comments they already posted have been deleted.

This is MY blog. I decide what goes on it and what stays on it. So if you want to behave like a neanderthal, do it somewhere else.

No comments: