Wednesday, July 06, 2005

FOR ANYONE WHO'S BEEN WONDERING, I have not posted in the last couple of days because I have been spending every minute not at work with my daughter, who went to Europe today for three weeks. This will be the longest time she's ever been away from home without either her dad or me, and the first time she's been out of North America (she went to Canada two summers ago to visit her uncle). She and about 40 other teenagers are traveling as student ambassadors with the People to People program. They will be going to Madrid (landing city), Barcelona, Toledo, Seville, and I think Granada. Then they're going to France, Switzerland, and Germany. In Germany they will have "home visits." Each student will be staying with a family who has volunteered to be a host family for 2 or 3 days.

She is going to have a blast, and learn a lot. Travel is always a broadening experience. But at the airport, I don't know who was more nervous, her or me!

Anyway, I will be keeping a close eye on the Continental website tonight (her plane is scheduled to leave at 8 pm, but is delayed as of now) and posting about the human condition at the same time.

No comments: