Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Does Ann Coulter have Rage Disorder?

Or maybe it's an as-yet un-DSM'ed condition psychologists could call "Attention Addiction Disorder."

Either way, I'm not so sure I agree with Peter Daou that Matt Lauer lost the debate with Coulter over her repulsive comments about the 9/11 widows who have been speaking out against Bush's "war on terror" policies. Yes, this is the second time she's been on the Today show, and even that was one time too many. Yeah, it would have been great if Lauer had told Coulter to her face that either she was deranged or shouldn't be within a thousand miles of NBC, but ... Considering the fawning treatment she received from him the last time -- including changing the subject to Pres. Bush's support for Anna Nicole Smith's lawsuit when Coulter spoke approvingly about the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II -- I think it's clear progress when Lauer questions Coulter sharply enough that she scolds, "Look, you are getting testy with me."

That said, Steve Soto gets my "Wish I'd said that!" award for his opening quip about Lauer thanking Coulter for a "fun" interview.

No comments: