Saturday, July 29, 2006

Do Not Leave Your E-mail Address at PoliPundit

Here's something interesting. PoliPundit claims that Cindy Sheehan purchased her land in Crawford under false pretenses. Michael "A.J. Sparxx" Illions quotes the supposed "former owner" as follows:

FORMER OWNER: 'We were duped, we were deceived. We had no idea. It was an individual person that purchased it, and we were just led to believe that this person was a hurricane Katrina evacuee, and he wanted to purchase this land to build a home on.'

As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Illions made up this quote, because he doesn't provide any source for it or identify the owner.

But it gets more interesting than that. I upgraded my McAfee today and with the upgrade came a dandy little feature called "McAfee Site Advisor." Now, every time I do a Google search, or go anywhere on the Internet, a little advisory pops up telling me if the site is safe. Here is what the advisory told me when I followed a link from Hotline's Blogometer to PoliPundit:

"When we signed up here, this site posted our e-mail address on the Web, making it available to spammers."

When I clicked on View Site Details, here is what I saw.

The right is deceitful and evil as ever.

No comments: