Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's the Alcohol that Makes Him Anti-Semitic

Art Buchwald channels Mel Gibson:

My name is Mel Gibson and I'm an alcoholic. I have been for many years. I am sorry to say that when I get drunk I lash out at people.

I made "The Passion of the Christ."

It was a sobering experience.

The reason I want to join AA is that for some reason when I drink too much I say terrible things about Jews.

I don't understand it myself, because some of my best friends are Jews.

Well, a few, anyway.

When I've had too many margaritas, I tell everyone the Jews run the entertainment business and they're responsible for all the wars and they are also responsible for being Jews.

One of my first acts as a reformed alcoholic will be to meet with Jewish groups and have them tell me why I am so anti-Semitic.

If they don't have an answer, I might go back to drinking again.

When I drank margaritas, I drove my car at 85 mph. When I was arrested, the Jewish traffic cop gave me a ticket. I am willing to go into rehab at any Jewish hospital in the country for as long as it takes to quit being anti-Semitic.

Alcoholism and anti-Semitism seem to go together and I've been told I can't have one without the other.

There's more. Read it and laugh.

No comments: