Sunday, September 10, 2006

Cheney Says Iraq and Al Qaeda Linked Via Zarqawi;
Says He "Hasn't Had Time" To Read Senate Intel Report

Dick Cheney to Tim Russert: 'Don't bother me with facts when I'm spinning.'

CHENEY: You've got Iraq and Al Qaeda, testimony from the Director of C.I.A. that there was indeed a relationship -- Zarqawi in baghdad. et cetera. Then the

RUSSERT: The committee said there was no relationship. in fact saddam --

CHENEY: I haven't seen the report. I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

RUSSERT: But Mr. Vice President the bottom line is...

CHENEY: We know that Zarqawi running the terrost camp in Afghanistan prior to 9/11. After we went in after 9/11, then fled and went to Baghdad and set up operations in Baghdad in the spring of 2002 and was there and then basically until the time we launched into Iraq.

No comments: