Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Susie Thinks It's Payback Time for the MSM

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

CORRECTION: I made a mistake with the byline on this post: It was written by a guest blogger filling in for Susie while she is on hiatus. Kudos to PSoTd for a perceptive observation on the right's war against John Edwards' blogger hires, and thank you to Susie for the correction. Take-away lesson: Always read the fine print, especially when it's late in the evening and you're tired.

Interesting take on the War Against Melissa and Amanda, from Susie Madrak:

Note to every other blogger out there - this is what is coming if you get a paying political blogging gig. The paid scribeocracy is gonna tear into you, especially if other bloggers do their work for them. Anyone notice that this doesn’t become a story if bloggers don’t push it? That’s because the paid scribeocracy doesn’t know a story from used toilet paper - which is why they’re chasing used toilet paper here instead of a real story.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Um, except I didn't write that - one of the posters filling in for me while I'm on hiatus did.

Chief said...

I have taken on battles that I couldn’t win or at least thought I couldn’t win. This began when I was about 12 years old and I took on the neighborhood bully who was about 2 years older than I and a lot taller. It was a draw. I earned respect, at the least. Over the last 40 plus years I lost some and I’ve won some.

I don’t know what Edwards and his people are up to. Are they poll followers? Does Edwards think that having an opinionated Blogger (it that redundant? Aren’t all bloggers opinionated?) will alienate the middle?

I mean, Edwards is a successful lawyer and has won a Senate seat from North Carolina, so one would think he knows what he is doing. All I can do is shake my head, knowing I will vote for the Democratic candidate in Nov 2008.

Cross posted at Suburban Guerrilla