Sunday, July 01, 2007

Peace Has No Chance, and I'm Just Tired

I'm sorry I've been out of view for the last couple of days. I just haven't felt like posting. My dog is in the hospital with a grapefruit-sized tumor in his spleen that is probably cancerous; I've been trying to make a living; and last but not least, I just really don't feel like posting. Nothing in the news is news; nothing changes. How can I blog for the 479th time about U.S. bombers killing scores of civilians? So what? It happens every day.

As a far better writer than I once said, "I'm reading the news and it sure looks bad; they won't give peace a chance, it was just a dream some of us had."

2 comments:

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

I'm sorry about your dog's illness; that's hard.

And just making a living can be tiring.

But I know how it can drag anyone down when it seems peace will never come. Please hang in there. Take a small break to play—anything you find fun or silly or relaxing. Refresh yourself.

Joan said...

Hey Kathy!

I am so sorry to hear about your doggie, I hope he get is feeling better soon.

I am also sorry to hear that you are feeling down. My husband suffers from bipolar, and something he always says to himself is "this too shall pass". It is easy to feel down when one looks at all the awful and tragis events in the world, and I don't know how to explain them. Life is a mystery. And yet, there is good in the world too. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Take Care
Joan