Friday, August 31, 2007

Teacher

I did something today that I have not done in over four and a half years. I went to work. For real money that is. I had my first day as a substitute teacher at our local vocational school. I spent the day subbing for a Computer Information Technology teacher. That happened to be the same field in which I spent the last eighteen years of my working life. And for all of you web designers, I was surprised to find out that Macromedia's Dreamweaver is still out there. I bought Dreamweaver for the web designer that I supervised six or seven years ago.

The other teachers were real helpful and the longer the day went, the easier it became. Handling students that push the envelope is a skill I need to develop.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I can identify with that last sentence. :-)