Wednesday, October 24, 2007

LCdr Matthew Diaz

I love the law. That is why I went to law school. I wanted to use the law for good purposes, to help people. That I did not complete law school and am not a lawyer does not diminish my respect for and love of the law.

That is why this is so sad.

I applaud the Commander's integrity. It is a shame that the Navy to which I devoted 21 years of my life, would put loyalty to a person over upholding the law. And this is not the first Navy lawyer to fall victim to President Bush.

Early summer 2007 this was news.

The first paragraph tells the whole story

Lt. Cmdr. Charles Swift -- the Navy lawyer who beat the president of the United States in a pivotal Supreme Court battle over trying alleged terrorists -- figures he'll probably have to find a new job.

It is obvious faithfullness to the law is paramount to these two gentlemen. I salute them, figuratively and If I would ever be so lucky to meet them, literally.

No comments: